Most couple choose the Dutch side because on the French side need to spend a month to get married.
In the Dutch side St Maarten the requirements are:
- Birth Certificate Original Birth Certificate
- The bride and groom must be at least 21 years of age. Persons of the Netherlands nationality should be 23
years and over
- Valid Passport.
- Marital Status, Certificate of No impediment, the couple mast be single and free to marry.
- If Divorced, a divorce Certificate or a final judgment decree.
- If Widowed, a death certificate.
- Witnesses Six if the wedding is performed outside the Marriage Hall, if the Marriage is performed at the
Marriage Hall you need two witnesses (minimum18 years old)
All documents should not be older than three months when they are submitted to the Registry Office.
Please note that all documents must be translated into the Dutch language by an official translator and/ or by
a Notary Public with their signature, stamps and seal.
GETTING MARRIED IN ST MAARTEN
Copyright Carlos Lippai